Pioneer HPM-60 Speakers

Colubrid

Yesterday my grandfather gave me his pair of Pioneer HPM-60 speakers. They are in great shape except both woofers need to be re-foamed. Besides that they are beautiful and very close to mint....even the grills are perfect. So, the big question, with refoamed woofers what would you guys think their market value would be? I'm probably just going to refoam and keep them. But I'd just like to know their value in case I decide in the future to part with them. Is there a demand for these speakers? Thanks.
Grandpas_Speaks.jpg

The HPM-60 isn't a speaker that commands any kind of high price in the market, and IMO its a much better speaker than either what its used value is or than it gets credit for. Many people think it sounds better than its more famous big brother, the HPM-100. I had a pair of 60's and thought they sounded terrific.

Refoaming them and keeping them is for sure the way to go unless you already have more speakers than you know what to do with. You can buy the refoam kits on eBay for $24.

They are very good speakers. Try them out awhile before parting with them. I would think the value should be around $125-$200 on Craigslist, maybe a little more on the auction site.

These are the earlier HPM-60's. You'll notice they look different than most. I had a pair and refoamed them, I think with a kit off ebay. They sounded great, and when it came time to sell them I was a bit remourseful. I got $100 for mine. Depends on your market though.

They sing again

Just a quick update. The 60's sing again! :banana:

I got the re-foam kit from SimplySpeakers and it worked great. A lot easier than I thought. They sound good. :thmbsp:
My grandfather hasn't heard these in years because of the rotten surrounds. He didn't know you could re-foam them. I'm going to have him over for dinner and a listen this weekend. :)

New_Re_Foam.jpg

Last edited:
I tried to sell mine $100 but no takers...best thing that ever happened to me. I really like them. I'll put them on the market again some day but probably not for some time. I want to enjoy them for a while. I hope you enjoy yours as much.

Didn't the HPM-60's come with the fiber surrounds like the 100's. I had a pair of HPM-40's that had them. Are you sure those are original Pioneer woofers?

Attachments

• item-r02.jpg
    item-r02.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 41
This is the original hpm60. Not sure if it was only a 1 year model they woofers are the correct woofers. Later changed to cloth surrounds.

Back
Top Bottom