Pioneer HPM Grill Peg Removal-How?

kryten79

Any advice? They are ridged and pressed into the wooden corner pieces. Does not appear there is enough lip to use a door clip removal tool or pickle fork. Pulling out and twisting an old one with pliers didn't accomplish much other than to stress the framing staples. 100_1279[1].JPG 100_1280[1].JPG 100_1281[1].JPG

Dremel?
With a spiral bit, cut a slot from one side of the hole to the wood edge. Squeeze with pliers and remove.

Last edited:
Makes sense. It's not as if I'm trying to save the old pegs. I'll tape the bit to mark the depth. Thanks.

Using a drift - punch it out from the front. Something with a round tip so as not to cut the grille cloth.

or

It looks like there's enough of a lip left to use a pry bar and work the bar around two or three places. Put a small block of something hard maybe 1/4" thick under the pry bar for more torque and to protect the wood as well.

Last edited:
i set a search on the auction site for Pioneer HPM speaker grill peg. only bought what I needed for my 40s. I drilled the centers and pulled with nippers to remove the old ones. Used rubber mallet to knock the new ones in, worked fine.

i set a search on the auction site for Pioneer HPM speaker grill peg. only bought what I needed for my 40s. I drilled the centers and pulled with nippers to remove the old ones. Used rubber mallet to knock the new ones in, worked fine.

I've looked just about everywhere can't find thoes pegs but if you run into them again please share a link to them I would very much appreciate it..

Back
Top Bottom