Pioneer m-90 door hinges 3d printed......

boatdrinks77

My Pioneer M-90 power amp had a broken hinge, so I took it to a 3D printing shop, they scanned the both hinges and used their magic and printed me 2 new hinges. I hate using the word printed, I would say they manufactured the hinges. Anyway here are pics of how they turned out (the newly manufactured hinges are on the door) -----

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS NEED ONE OF THESE HINGES, They told me they can make more since they have the scanned images on file.....

Dan :music:

Last edited:
makes you wonder how many more unobtainium parts this could be done with......

makes you wonder how many more unobtainium parts this could be done with......

my buddy is thrilled with my results as he is into model railroading and he said there are sooo many parts the are unattainable....

They can make parts out of different colors also........

How is the strength of the material ? From what I've read the material isn't very strong and won't hold up to much use. But, then again the original part didn't do so well either.

I wonder about the cost. And whatever scanner they use can't be just a flatbed document scanner, can it ? There would have to be a charge for firing that baby up.

I heard something about a setup charge and so much per cm^3. the material charge wouldn't be so much for that part, but what about generating the file or whatever ?

I wonder about the cost. And whatever scanner they use can't be just a flatbed document scanner, can it ? There would have to be a charge for firing that baby up.

I heard something about a setup charge and so much per cm^3. the material charge wouldn't be so much for that part, but what about generating the file or whatever ?

It cost me $45 in total. I can have more made much cheaper now that the part has been scanned. For me it was worth the cost. Dan :music:

How is the strength of the material ? From what I've read the material isn't very strong and won't hold up to much use. But, then again the original part didn't do so well either.

The strength of the material is very good. I'd say it is just a strong as the original hinge. I think it will hold up just fine. Dan :music:

snapped my door back onto the amp -- fits perfectly, hinges grip the pins nice and tight, should last forever........

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 112
Hmm interesting & i have been saving small metal "L" shaped pieces for a couple of years now from car stereos & bookshelf stereos guts. Got a pretty decent collection now & the gauge thickness is right in between that 3D part & the O.E. hinge. So after fabrication (a little filing,Dremel work & black paint) the hinge(s) should last longer than the door. LOL! But its nice to have options.

Now that is very cool. I think $45 for those hinges is perfectly acceptable price. I have sold both M90 and M91's on due to those hinges being broken and only kept good ones.

Next should be the tone control knobs and slider assemblies for the SX-D7000 - they are ALWAYS coming up missing.

The hard part is that the knob has a clear center for light to shine through.

That could have a channel left open and an acrylic rod glued in.

Hi Dan!

I would like to buy 3 pairs of the Pioneer m-90 door hinges from you if it is possible.

Regards
/Jesper

Depending on what they used, they might be as durable as the originals. I bought a replacement gear for an old electric pencil sharpener off the 'bay (when one day the original gear just decided to break into three parts - and $12 for a replacement gear was a lot less than the cost of a new, probably inferior pencil sharpener) and the part that I got was obviously 3D printed. Been sitting on my desk at work used several times a day for months since.

My Pioneer M-90 power amp had a broken hinge, so I took it to a 3D printing shop, they scanned the both hinges and used their magic and printed me 2 new hinges. I hate using the word printed, I would say they manufactured the hinges. Anyway here are pics of how they turned out (the newly manufactured hinges are on the door) -----

IF ANY OF YOU GUYS NEED ONE OF THESE HINGES, They told me they can make more since they have the scanned images on file.....

Dan :music:
Dan,

Hey can we link up? I'd really like to get a set of these bad boys to finish out a restoration of mine.

Thank you so much!

Noah

Back
Top Bottom