Pioneer MD435 and MD450 - Neither one will recognize CDs

the ribbon cable from the main board to the cd, does it have a real tiny VR on it? if so, mark, spray, work it.
Picked up a PD-M600 a couple years ago and had the remote sitting in the shop on the table and remember putting it away because the CDP would not read. Spun em great, wouldn't read em. Found this how-to on getting the machine to read discs and pulled out the player. Did the deoxit on the control and put the disc in properly (was that the problem all along...don't think so, I have machines that use that same cartridge) and it works. Might find out how well when I throw a disc pak at it since I was using the single disc cartridge. But as for the remote, it will be in the last place I look and I've looked at a few so far. Oh well, it will turn up. Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:
Well thanks to quaddriver, I'm listening to the PD-M600, playing a 6-pack so we'll see how that goes. About time for lunch and I looked at his location...checked their site, got hungry. Still searching for that remote.

yup, last place I looked, but also a place I quickly checked earlier. Sitting on top of the reels in the lower cabinet below the unit. Not one of the 8 regular places I keep remotes that are in use, 3-4 spots or for gear that isn't hooked up...remotes batteries removed, the other 5 spots. I might have a problem here.

Last edited:
George Carlin once offered that OF COURSE you find an object in the last place you look....if you find it but keep looking anyways.....(he said something unflattering@!)

Back
Top Bottom