Pioneer Model S-910 speakers, any good?

MCS Guy

The MCS hoarder
I pick these up today for 20 bucks will all the drivers working. The foam is starting to rot so Ill have to get some surrounds for it. The gril cloth has some holes, but I got some cloth left over from another project.

I read somewhere that this have Beryllium ribbon tweeters, any good? They are mirror image and look pretty good. They weigh around 30 pounds each or so.

Last edited:
Those are 'real' cast-frame drivers. I'll bet they will sound great when you repair the surrounds.
Good luck, and take care of those cones.

Yep, those are effectively the direct successors to the HPM900. Looks like a smaller cabinet, and the Be ribbon in place of the HPM ribbon and cone tweeter.

Make sure, that when re-foaming those woofers, that you are VERY CAREFUL with the woofer cones. Those cones will CRACK if you even look at 'em funny. Do just enough effort to clean off the old foam, and CAREFULLY stretch the new foam over the edge of the cone (back-glued). Once they're re-foamed, they're pretty durable, you can go ahead and crank 'em up to your delight. But in the state they're in now, those cones are vulnerable.

Regards,
Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom