ChemicalKid

found this cabinet in the trash. got them home and tested the speaker with the last bit of paper cone remaining. outer edges were completely disintegrated so after reading much, decided to try a splice job, cut out some similar paper from the backing of an old picture and spent an hour and change bending trimming and shaping to make it close to the original shape. after that i did the whole tissue paper/nail polish thing and spliced the whole thing together about 2 plys thick all around. final thing was to seal it up to the edges...used dollar tree high temp silicon gasket. Didn't want to cut out the mesh so i just sealed it and checked a few times while it was setting to make sure it was free, no noise or metal rubbing.

Plugged them in and the bass is amazing. sure not anything like they were new but full, deep, penetrating and expansive

only issue left now is the tweeter. the volume dial never worked from te beginning and the higher tones sound not amazing... anyone know how to dis/reassemble those AT-16a level controllers? if not can i bypass it or use some different knob/dial mechanism?

Should i seal the underside of the paper cone or use more silicon underneath?

Ill attatch better pics later and an audio clip of what it sounds like

Attachments

• 0620171916.jpg
    0620171916.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 0612172301d.jpg
    0612172301d.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom