Pioneer PC-35

kaplang

Works for me !
Pioneer PC-35 Cartridge

Any commnets on the older Pioneer PC-35 cartridge good or bad? It will be in a Pioneer PL-50 TT.

George

Last edited:
Don't know anything about it, looked it up just now.
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pc-35.shtml
Looks like a small/slight conical stylus.

Stylus: 0.5 mil diamond (PN-35)
Stylus pressure: 2 to 3g

Replacement is still available at LPgear.

http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=PIR021

Hope this helps to get you spinning again.:music:

Yeah, there isnt much out there on this vintage cart. I have one that came with my pl-50. I kind of assumed it was crap because I didnt know any better, and I replaced it with a dl-110. I've decided that I dont like the dl-110 on the pl50 because you have to use the weight plate, which restricts you from putting the cart at the recommended 49" overhang. I was thinking of trying the original cart again, and moving the denon to my newly aquired pl-600.

anyway, long winded.. who knows something about this cart?

oh well, took a chance. ordered the new stylus from lpgear. it will be nice to have another cart to try on this beast.

oh well, took a chance. ordered the new stylus from lpgear. it will be nice to have another cart to try on this beast.

Sorry to bring up this thread again but I have a Pioneer PL A25 TT and would like to replace the cart with something new any recommendations?

Guy

Sorry to bring up this thread again but I have a Pioneer PL A25 TT and would like to replace the cart with something new any recommendations?

Guy

What is your budget for a new cartridge?:scratch2:

What type of music do you listen to mostly?

What is the original cartridge?

You may want to replace, upgrade the stylus and keep it as a back up.:music:

cant speak to the a25 tt, but I can say that I did not fancy the pc35 with replacement stylus. it wasnt terrible, but it really brought out a lot of surface noise. much more so then the denon. completely different stylus' is the reason I believe. since then, I accidently broke the pc35 stylus during a repair. so, my next choice is going to be THIS

should be nice with this arm. I was going to try one of the denon MC's. but since I'd have to get a new pre or SUT, I decided to go with something different. Its Howard recommended, so its got to be good!!

What is your budget for a new cartridge?:scratch2:

What type of music do you listen to mostly?

What is the original cartridge?

You may want to replace, upgrade the stylus and keep it as a back up.:music:

My budget is somewhere around the $300.00 area and it wouldbe replacing a Pioneer PC-35 cartridge w/PM-35 stylus.
I listen to mainly blues based rock from the '60s,'70s & '80s. Some of the newer stuff but very little.

Let me give a little insight about this TT. I found it on the 'Bay and it is NOS from 1970 and I just had to have it. It is in pristine shape because it was never out of the box. The cartridge is brand new so I really would'nt have to replace it but I thought a nicer cart would be cool. So thats my story! It truly was a find.

Guy
------------------------------------------------

PIONEER SX-1250,PIONEER CT-F950,PIONEER SG-9500,PIONEER HPM 100,PIONEER S-510,
YAMAHA CR-2020,YAMAHA CT-1010,YAMAHA CA-600,TEAC A4300SX,TANDBERG TCD-440A,ADVENT 1'S, REGA P1 TT,PIONEER PL-A25

Last edited:
The Yamaha CR-2020 receiver has a MC phono input.

Have a look at some of the Denon MC cartridges at Comet Sales.

The AT-440 MLa is also available for a good price at Amazon.

You already have some great gears. :thmbsp:

Well thanks,Its taken me a while to put it all together,but Im getting there.I dont have much compared to many others on here. Its a damn fun addiction though. Im just not very Turntable savy. But I sure like to play 'em.I was thinking about unloading my CR-2020 after I get my SX-1250 back (not sure) from Echowars. He is doing a refurb for me and the Yammie is one of my back ups.But you know how that goes I might just build another system! LOL

One of the guys at Needle Doc said that a MC cartridge might be to much for my tonearm,but see this is where I fall short on knowledge so I dont know what to do. What are your thoughts on this?

Guy

The Yamaha CR-2020 receiver has a MC phono input.

Have a look at some of the Denon MC cartridges at Comet Sales.

The AT-440 MLa is also available for a good price at Amazon.

You already have some great gears. :thmbsp:

You have some mighty fine gear yourself my friend!

You have some mighty fine gear yourself my friend!

Thanks for the kind words!:D

Learning about the different aspects of audio has been fun.

The guys at Needle Doc are pros, so their views cannot be disregarded.

Have fun and enjoy the music.:music:

Update

Well the Ortofon 2M Blue would'nt fit the headshell, which cannot be exchanged, so I sent it back and I am going with the AT-440 for now. Will keep you posted on sound.

Guy

I actually have two PC-35 cartridges I got when I bought a Pioneer Pl-31D TT at GW. One was mounted on the headshell, the other was NIB. I really like this cart and didn't hear any enhanced surface noise.

Count me in as a PC-35 fanatic. I love this cartridge and it's very musical. Ya don't want yours, begin a conversation. I need a body.

old thread but i'm going through carts this evening and mounted a PC-35 i had in the back of the storage drawer. sounds quiet good- literally!

Definitely a sleeper cartridge. Load resistance is spec'd from 30 to 100k ohms so if your rig allows, try loading it @ 60k or above.
-Matt

Back
Top Bottom