pioneer pd-75 disassembling? Lens unglued

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by pinky6, Apr 15, 2017.

1. pinky6

pinky6 Member

tmp_11035-20170415_1559451340596940.jpg tmp_11035-20170415_155939-201121058.jpg tmp_11035-20170415_15593925887999.jpg I have heard this is a common problem with the pickup lens falling out of the assemblies of the stable platter models. My question is has anyone taken this player apart and if anyone would like to chime in on this. I wanted to take the front panel off but the door needs to come off to get the front seperated. Also does anyone have some advise on once I get this assembly removed how to place the lens back in and what glue adhesive to use? And I would guess a calibration is needed afterwords ?

2. Fredrik 1977

Fredrik 1977 Well-Known Member

i have ran in to that 4 times (only happens on pioneers it seems). i just put a tiny drop of superglue :) on the side of the lens and put it back carefully. works every time:) make shure you dont get any glue ontop of the lens

as for the front/drawer issue. i dunno i havnt worked on that exact model.

3. pinky6

pinky6 Member

4. pinky6

pinky6 Member

I downloaded the pd 65 service manual and it shows and instructs how to disassemble. Not sure how different the 75 is from the 65.
    you didn't have any issues after putting the lens in? No adjustments required? Does it kind of snap into position or can it be tilted if your not careful or have a steady hand.

5. Fredrik 1977

Fredrik 1977 Well-Known Member

no issues afte the fix.and no adjustments required

it just sticks in a hole, the lens has kind of a flange around it, just press down untill the flange makes contact with the housing.

be carefull though, NO glue ontop of the lens or at the bottom. the machine must be able to see through it :)
    and dont press like crazy! since the lens housing assy is mounted with some sort of coils for the focusing. pretty delicate stuff.

but unless your Wreck-it Ralph i think you´ll get it playing again soon!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  6. pinky6

pinky6 Member

Well haven't attempted the repair other than taking a dental mirror to go into the transport to indeed confirm the lens is gone. It is and I have it. The issue is I'm not sure how to get the transport apart? Any leads on instructions links etc would be great.