Pioneer PD M603 CD Changer

Ultimatt

one is for sale locally for $30 with the remote control and 2 magazines...reported to be in good working order.

What is the general consensus regarding the quality of this series of changer?

Thanks.

I'm not familiar.
I suggest doing a Google search. I suspect you'll find a lot of including (probably ) threads from here. Good luck!

This is a good CD player and the quality of retro equipment is definitely back in vogue (and many older units often increasing in value). In my opinion, this or a Marantz CD player connected to a NAD 3130, Denon, Cambridge Audio or similar amplifier would be part of an excellent stack by any standards. If anyone needs a replacement remote (they often get lost or damaged) for the Pioneer PD-M603, I think that either the Pioneer CU-PD048 or the CU-PD105 will work and can be found here. There is also a manual for the unit here.

For the price you could certainly do worse, that said I would recommend getting a slightly older changer. They had gone to a lot of plastic internals by the time that one was produced, I had a PD-M403 once and it was a POS. The PD-Mx00, PD-Mx10 and PD-Mx30 series are much better players, the last of which I have owned two of the PD-M530 and the PD-M92 (would have been the PD-M930 logically but because it was part of the elite line they gave it a different number.)

one is for sale locally for $30 with the remote control and 2 magazines...reported to be in good working order.

What is the general consensus regarding the quality of this series of changer?

Thanks.
its a no brainer. the cartridges sell for $15 on the 'bay so you can recoup if it breaks.

problem areas: the door limit switch gets gummy and it closes as soon as it opens. easy fix, and on some models where there is a VR for the laser power on the connector ribbon, it gets a patina that can be deoxited off and reset

Back
Top Bottom