Pioneer PL-120 turntable

LocoStereo

Turn it up to 11!!!
Well,,,,I have been bitten. I want to go vinyl. Now i don;t know much about turntables. but I wanted to get some opinions with this posting. The table I am looking to get is a PL-120, It's in nice shape, thought I will need to re-do the spiffy wood grain vinyl. No bigge. A guy who owns a stereo shop has it in his shop. I trust him, as he has done work for me in the past. now seeing as I don't have much cake I'm thinking about trading some of my gear for it. I have a Technics SU-7300 amp and the matching se-7300 tuner to pawn off. Both easily 9/10 all around. is the Pioneer PL-120 a decent table to begin with? I believe it is a belt driven table. I'm not sure of the cartridge and needle as in brand types. I know when or if I get it will function 100%. I will use it with my Pioneer sx-1050 and my 1980's Infinity RS-4's. So if anyone out there has any experience with these tables could you let me know. Thanks guys,,,and gals. hmm are there any chicks in the forum? lOL

Rich AKA LoCoStErEo

You mean PL-12D, correct?

Doc

attachment.php

LocoStereo said:
hmm are there any chicks in the forum? lOL

Rich AKA LoCoStErEo

Since Doc has forgotten more about Pioneer than I ever knew, I'll answer your last question.

Yes there are a few Ladies on AK and as a matter of fact our TT & Tape moderator is a Lady :thmbsp:

Yes, Pioneer's infamous square font is easy to misread. The PL-12D was one of the most popular turntables ever and the manual is downloadable from vinylengine.com.

I haven't heard that exact model, but others in that line are very good sounding tables. :music:

I would do a little research on pricing before I committed to a buy/trade, though.

Good starter model, fully manual, belt drive, and a very simple design. Easy to setup and with a little work it sounds pretty good. Everything is pretty straight forward.

I did have one but liked my Sansui better. It was a fun little table. I would not spend more than $50 on it (with a cart), but I am cheap.

tHANKS for the info...it seems that 50 clams is what I have found to be a fare price, and that is one in great shape

Back
Top Bottom