pioneer pl 518 (springs in feet)?

inkman69

I have a pioneer PL 518 that I bought local without the feet. I have since bought 2 feet. Theen 4 more on ebay. But I didnt get any springs with them. I didnt think they were supposed to be any. But there is a complete TT on ebay right now with the feet removed and they show the feet along with the 4 springs. GRRRRRRRR I thought I had this turntable back to complete. Im trying to get confermation on this.

Thanks Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you give us the eBay link showing the feet with springs?

I searched eBay and could not find what you saw. From what I saw I don't think springs were used on the feet of those model Pioneers.

I have a PL-518 and i can tell you with certainty the 2 front feet have springs. I assume the rear feet have them as well.

An update. All 4 feet have springs. The front 2 springs are the same, part # PBH-179. Facing the unit from the front, the right rear spring is PBH-180 and the left rear spring is PBH-181.

U118224, Would I be needing to contact pioneer to get the new springs? Thanks for the info I was beginning to think I wasnt going to get any help on this one. Thank You for the help Tim

Do you have an extra rubber boot for the feet, that is completely intact? I need one to make a set of molds to fabricate foot boots. I may have a set of springs to trade.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Do you have an extra rubber boot for the feet, that is completely intact? I need one to make a set of molds to fabricate foot boots. I may have a set of springs to trade.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Hey Rich,

I´m glad to see you haven´t dropped this project after all these years.
I´m still in line for a set of four of your "future" boots for my PL-560.:yes:

Jorge

Enjoy,
Rich P
Can you use the boot from a PL 560 and return it intact after molding it? If so I can lend you one of mine or we can replace it with a new mold:scratch2:

2nd update. All four springs, the part numbers I mentioned, are available new.

Sorry, my mistake. Encompassparts.com lists them and has a price attached to them. When I clicked to buy one, that's when they indicated they were no longer available.

Back
Top Bottom