Pioneer PL-530 hinges

DCH

Anyone have a recommendation for tracking down replacement hinges for a PL-530? I've seen one set on eBay for $150 (for the hinges alone! yikes!). What exactly is so proprietary on the hinges that stops someone from using just... like, generic hinges from a different table?

I can't imagine anything but the spacing/placement of the screw holes lining up with the dust cover is an issue.

Also, what tables shared hinges with the 530? I believe I've read that the 550 and 570 have the same hinges. Any others I should watch out for? And anybody have any suggestions on finding generic hinge/dust cover combos that I can just attach to the back of the plinth? All the aftermarket dust covers seem to have a "LOL good luck finding hinges" mentality.

Anyone have a recommendation for tracking down replacement hinges for a PL-530? I've seen one set on eBay for $150 (for the hinges alone! yikes!). What exactly is so proprietary on the hinges that stops someone from using just... like, generic hinges from a different table?

I can't imagine anything but the spacing/placement of the screw holes lining up with the dust cover is an issue.

Also, what tables shared hinges with the 530? I believe I've read that the 550 and 570 have the same hinges. Any others I should watch out for? And anybody have any suggestions on finding generic hinge/dust cover combos that I can just attach to the back of the plinth? All the aftermarket dust covers seem to have a "LOL good luck finding hinges" mentality.
It’s been quite some time since your post. Did you have any luck finding a suitable replacement? I too am looking for hinges and dust cover to my PL-530. It only cost 25 cents, so I’m having a hard time paying $100-150 each for hinges and the cover.

It’s been quite some time since your post. Did you have any luck finding a suitable replacement? I too am looking for hinges and dust cover to my PL-530. It only cost 25 cents, so I’m having a hard time paying $100-150 each for hinges and the cover.
Yeah, I ended up finding a set of OEM hinges on eBay for $35, which I jumped on. They've been in a drawer ever since, but I just bought an original dust cover in good condition - also eBay - for $139, so once that arrives I'll replace the A35 dust cover I retrofitted for it. The only thing I don't have, once that's all done, is the silver platter mat ring. That's shockingly hard to find, too.

I ended up just waiting it out. The hinges came along at a good price, which was lucky. The harder part was waiting for an OEM cover in good condition, since I didn't really want to get one of the reproductions.

PL 1800 are the same as PL 530 FYI! Just bought a set for $150 but they are identical and pioneer! Hope this helps!PL 530 Hinges.jpg

Back
Top Bottom