Pioneer pl-550 is it worth it?

HIFIVINYL15

i saw a pioneer pl 550 at a goodwill and they wanted like 27 bux 4 it. it had no headshell, but the controls operate smoothly, motor is silent etc. i was wondering if this would b much of an upgrade from my technics sl-1700 and is it worth it. the table looks nice with normal scuffs and scratches on the dustcover. any opinions are gr8tly appreciated thanx in advance

One just went for over $110 on eBay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48649&item=5761940094&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The SL-1700's go for a bit more. As far as performance goes, it seems like everyone on AK that has one loves it! Seems that they need little to no maintenance, which is ALWAYS a plus.

The PL-550 seems to be an even better performer based on price and AK'er opinions. My suggestion? For $27, GET IT! That is a STEAL! Then try 'em both out and see which you like best. Keep the extra as a back-up.

BTW, which GW do you go to? There is a big one by me on 236, west of Landmark, but they don't usually have much.

Last edited:
i might

i go 2 the goodwill on rt 234 (sudley road) there is also a salvation army where i scored a couple of decent kenwood speakers for ten bux, i also scored a bunch of albums from both places (beatles magical mystery tour, van halen, VH, Def Leppard pyromania, zz top eliminator). n e ways i may go 4 the tt but itll drain my wallet so i may just hav 2 wait 4 a while and hope no one takes it :worried: but o well i love my setup that i hav in my bedroom and these lps are so amazing im very glad i got into them!

Back
Top Bottom