Pioneer PL 560

OfficeMax

I bought some gear over the weekend. I was really after the amp, but had to take the whole shooting match.

Anyway, a Pioneer PL 560 was a part of the collection. The vintage model. It is in fair condition. I already have a Dual 1229 and a Technics SL 1600 MK II. Both mint.

Is there anything the Pioneer can do better that would convince me to keep it over the Dual or Technics?

I will hang up and listen to your answers.

Thanks

I've owned all three. The Pioneer and the Technics are quite similar in performance so your choice should probably be made on the basis of which you like better.

My preference would be the 1600 for better speed stability and easily adjustable VTA (tone arm height). But let your ears decide.

Tough choice between the three.
I grew up listening to my Dads 1229 so that holds a lot of sentimental value to me.

Getting rid of a mint technics vintage table doesn’t make any sense either.

Having said that,
I could not bring myself to part with the 560 and it’s giant VU meter.

Keep all of them and veneer the plinth of the 560.

Last edited:
My preference would be the 1600 for better speed stability and easily adjustable VTA (tone arm height). But let your ears decide.

Both are quartz controlled and both have +/- 6% pitch adjustment so there would be no difference in that regard.

Veneering would not be a bad option. I had not condidered that.

It's funny. I am trying to clear things out, but could not pass up on this deal. I now have 5 more pieces to do something with.

Thanks for your replies.

Veneering would not be a bad option. I had not condidered that.

It's funny. I am trying to clear things out, but could not pass up on this deal. I now have 5 more pieces to do something with.

Thanks for your replies.

Here's a PL-540 (quite similar to the PL-560) I veneered in walnut.

index.php

Back
Top Bottom