Pioneer PL-630 Rubber Boots

I looked in the service manual and I stand corrected. mkane and QSilver are right about the difference in springs. There are 2 different ones. A PBH-169 "Spring C" that's installed in the front left and rear right, and a PBH-154 "Spring A" that's installed in the rear left and front right.
Good call guys!

I missed this importand note when I dismantled the spring of my PL-630, can anyone confirm if PBH-169 "Spring C" are the boots with the factory red marking (I feel it has a lesser spring rate)

I had this problem a while back when I was working on my 630. Here's what I figured out with some forum help:

The red stripe springs which have 6 coils are in the right front and left rear positions, therefore they are Spring A P/N PBH-169.
The non-color-coded springs which have 7 coils are in the left front and right rear positions, so they are Spring C P/N PBH-154.

Thanks @pustelniakr for answering my dm, I saw this thread after the email I sent you. I figured to post it here too in case someone is looking for an answer too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom