pioneer pl 707

rocknroll1

My daughter is into vinyl so I set her up with a sansui six, hpm 60's and a pl707 almost mint.That was about 3 years ago. We enjoy music together, we are going to see Pearl Jam (in Italy no less) in a couple of weeks and Buddy Guy in July. She saw Buddy about 6 months ago and loved him. She about to graduate college and I want to update her system. I am going to give her my beloved Marantz 2275, a set of Heresey 2's (Crite upgrades) or JBL L100's (new grills and crossovers) but the TT brings me to my question. Would a serviced pl530 be an upgrade over the pl 707? I will probably upgrade one of my son inlaws systems I started for them With her units.

I would think the 707 is the better table due to the quartz lock in the drive, vs. servo control. other than that it's really a wash.

Give her a new cartridge for the PL-707 (great table) - that's where the improvement will come from.

It has a shire v15 III with jelco replacement meddle on it now. I have a denon 110 laying around I my try on it.

I would stick with the PL-707 myself, (though I might be a bit biased towards it) it is the best table I have ever personally owned.

Back
Top Bottom