Pioneer PL A45D

specenka

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Found this is in a storage shed, covered with dirt. Did some rough cleaning on it, basically just getting all the dirt off of it. Had an old belt laying around, popped it on, put a test record on it and worked fine. Well I thought what a deal so I really cleaned her up, cleaned up good, dust cover good, ordered a new stylus. Oiled the motor and cleaned out the spindle well and oiled that and the bearing as well. Well low and behold, somehow I've managed to jack up the arm elevator, as only I can manage to do. It works fine in manual mode but when in automatic mode it doesn't work at all. If I hit cut button it won't raise at all and when it gets to the end of a record to autoreturn the damn thing drags clear across the record. Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't have much in the turntable but would like to get it working properly. It cleaned up good and hate to think it's gonna have to be sold for parts. Thanks.

You need to get under the platter and inspect the mechanism. These are very complicated but for starters look for obvious things like dried up lube, unattached springs, bent metal parts etc. The tonearm should lift at the end of the record and this is the part that isn't working - it sounds like the "return" function is however!

Have you tried downloading the service manual from vinylengine? It has the adjustment procedures for the tonearm. You have to register but it's free.

Back
Top Bottom