Pioneer PL600 (DD, 24 lbs version) rotates in reverse direction

Well, I just got the TT this week - seller had a friend bring it over in his car, so safe transportation :thumbsup:
I've taken it apart and unmounted the elctrolytical caps, and am ready to place an order for replacements - almost.

The point is that there are 3 NP caps (C15,C35,C36) among, that are not easy to find in denmark. Mouser carries them of course, but the shipping cost for such a small order.....

I will inquire a couple of vendors and hope for a positive answer.

Other than that it looks OK, some scratches on the dust cover, some dust on the inside and those inside rubber covers for the feet are not in one piece o_O
If you get it running as it should i would suggest while you have it apart replace the cuing belt as well also the audio cables. I did that on the one I use to own and it made a huge difference in sound. Plus the stock cables seem kind of cheap to me
Good Luck

If you get it running as it should i would suggest while you have it apart replace the cuing belt as well also the audio cables. I did that on the one I use to own and it made a huge difference in sound. Plus the stock cables seem kind of cheap to me
Good Luck
Good point! I'm trying to find the correct replacement for the cueing belt - found a couple but there seems to be more than one opinion of the size. On ebay there is a SBO 4.0 (4 inches total length)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-PEB...772233?hash=item1c45e5cc49:g:IWkAAOSwd4tUDaev
and on turntableneedles they have 3.7" replacement:
https://www.turntableneedles.com/Square-Belt-Small-37-Inch_p_304.html

My own measure is approx 4.25". I took a piece of solder wire and placed it on the wheels, and measured the lenght of the folded out piece to 108.5mm:

upload_2017-3-26_20-47-45.png

upload_2017-3-26_20-47-54.png

Finally received my order of caps today, that I could get in full from a company in england that I found on ebay.co.uk. Also got a replacement belt for the armlift from turntableneedles, that is now in place.

Replaced the e-caps this afternoon - but to no avail - platter is rotating back and forth :oops:. Start, Up/Down works, that really doen't matter if the platter doesn't rotate

It must be a motor-thing then - hope for some good hints to what I can test, to make a useable diagnose. I'll try and see if I can disassemble the motor....

/Ole

OK, took the motor apart, nothing looks "broken" only 3 resistors, and 3 hall element visible - all look clean and good.

I'll be closing this thread and start a new one with a more correct title:

Pioneer PL600 (DD, 24 lbs version) platter runs back and forth.

Hope to see you there ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom