Pioneer Project 100A's any info....

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I picked these up at a local thrift for 4 bucks. I can't find anything on them. I hope they don't go with some kind of component system. If I can figure out pictures, I'll post one. they are 3 ways bass-reflex ported type. beveled foam grills with a 10 inch woofer. 60 watts max, and made in the U.S.A. Bookshelf sized like the large Advents are "bookshelf" sized.
I'm starting to feel like Grumpy, I now cannot get to one half of my living room :eek: But I have plenty of end tables :D

No, they were a separate series Pioneer came out with toward the end of the CS line. Before they introduced the HPM series. Someone here (Grumpy?) has used an advert featuring the Allman Bros and Pioneer speakers, the Project line was included. At the same time they came out with the Project line, they also debutted their R-series, the ones with horn mids & tweets. Those were some rock-solid HIGH-efficiency reproducers!
dIIRC, the Project line was deemed their "intro" line to better gear. They sold 4 or 5 models between 76-80. The 100A and 100B sold for $250 a pair.
I do know I was dismayed by this beginning of the current profusion of models and lines from one brand. I liked the simple one-brand, one-series, everything is straightforward days.

Pete, just an ol' grumpus this morning

Good deal, sounds like they will make great bedroom speaks, I think I need more bedrooms, that excuse is wearing a bit thin with my other half. But it is impossible to pass up a set of speaks for 4 bucks. I did think it was odd they were made in the US, is this normal in those years?

VJ, check Drybasement's 'avatar'.
That is a ad for Pioneer speakers, and includes the Project series. If he could repost the ad (I think it was posted at AU), you'd get a kick out of it!

Back
Top Bottom