Pioneer rack system.

superman180

Ok new to site would like to say hello and hopefully get some feedback on this Offer up find I payed 40 dollars for it.

I scored this pioneer Rack System only know a bit about it after some searching around. I guess what I would like to know is if I find it to be fully functional what price point should I expect?

It is a beautiful system I may just keep it.

Gh1vVL.jpg

sMcyQ6.jpg

bzxI03.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpslhukteh6.jpg

Last edited:
I"ll double your money!
you did better than you can Imagine,do a bit more research and you will be smiling from ear to ear:beerchug:

The rack alone can fetch $500 ... you will need to find a competent tech and most likely have each piece gone through. I would keep it, find a set of HPM's, JBLs or Altecs ... maybe a Pioneer PL-560 and jam. It's a pretty fantastic system.

Very cool news! I did see a couple pieces on EBay but wasn't sure about the prices I am seeing.
It also came with a turntable a PL-570 it's pictured above if you use the scroll button you can see it.
I have some experience with Ham Radio and CB stuff so I have some knowledge on old equipment. I already pulled the tuner apart and cleaned it up, I brought it up with my Variac slowly to give the caps time to reform. So far so good no smoke. Hopefully I'll get lucky on the other items. If I had to I could probably recap it but will see how this goes. This is my first dive into old stereo stuff.

Thank you for the kind responses.
Mike.

Wow that is a score likely $3500.00-$4000.00 total easy if everything works so yes 100 X your investment is a steal.

Regards Snow

I did this woman a service she was going to haul it to the dump but had listed it for a Starbucks latte.

This thing is pristine inside, here is the preamp guts.

6bVp83.jpg

WaSBE0.jpg

That's definitely a great score and a great save! I can't believe they were on the way to the dump.
I'd poke on over in the Pioneer forum and ask some questions about the particular units and see if there are any problem areas to look at while you're in there.

I hope we're not being trolled. Because this is a troll level scroe. :biggrin: But such things have happened before, just earlier this summer as I recall. No offense meant to the OP, and if you're legit, welcome to AK!

I can understand the skepticism however I assure you it's truth. I consider myself very lucky to have this fall into my lap.
VxYdki.png

Just in case there was doubt all though I guess I could have faked this as well.

Back
Top Bottom