Pioneer rack system.

That is a very very nice system! I had the Spec 2 I think it was last year, and it is powerful and very very good sounding. Effortless smooth clean power! :)

Congrats! You just hit the jackpot!

Very cool news! I did see a couple pieces on EBay but wasn't sure about the prices I am seeing.

When doing research for pricing, always use eBay completed sales. People can ask whatever they want, but you can feel better knowing what someone actually paid for an item. There is also a good site called HiFi Shark which is handy for valuations.

Thank you everyone for the advice I do appreciate it. My wife is already talking sell but I don't think I can bring myself to it right now. I don't normally have this kind of luck and would only get to enjoy a system like this thru good fortune so I'm keeping it for the time being. Already looking at the HPM-100 but very exspensive and would be worried about the condition not knowing enough about them.
Anyway a couple more pics.

LOqfnc.jpg

Naux0H.jpg

sUwXg5.jpg

XHXPtS.jpg

At about 50% voltage and the dead bulb is coming around and starting to work it has the same voltage on either side just fussy I guess. No smoke fingers crossed.

Last edited:
You should definitely hang onto that for awhile at least. You can always sell it later, but you'll probably never have another rig like that, so take your time.

There are plenty of excellent speakers that don't cost as much as the HPM-100s. It would be nice to have the complete matching set, but not required for good sound.

Whereabouts are you located? [Mojave CA from the ad screenshot, duh] There might be some great speakers available wherever that is. And maybe other AKers too. You're close enough to LA etc. to have a HUGE selection of awesome used audio gear. I looked you up on Google Maps and the two features of Mojave that Google saw fit to include were the Air and Space Port and a Petting Zoo. :p Got it pretty much covered out there. :bigok:

Last edited:
^^^^^ What he said.
If you don't HAVE to sell it, don't.
Take your wife out to dinner or buy her some flowers, that way she also benefits from your good fortune.
Take your time, save some $, and maybe a screaming deal on some great speakers will happen.

WOW....Clean her up and enjoy it...This is only gaining more $$'s. I would replace the Lamps with LED's.

Thank you for all the good advice! My wife is actually pretty cool and puts up with my hobbies rather well some of which include, Demolition Derby, Rock Crawling, and my recently dismantled home theater room. I guess I haven't been completely honest, this is my first dive into vintage audio gear and will be my first dedicated 2 Channel system but I have been into home theater and audio equipment that goes along with that for some time.. Some of the gear I still have includes my Theater Reciever Yamaha RX-A3040, Front mains B&W CDM 7NT's with matching center. And a SVS PB plus 12 sub.

As Far as Mojave goes I do live pretty close
To there, not much in Mojave other than the Airport and a few gas stations. Not a place I would want to live.

I'm not selling this anything soon! I am looking forward to getting it all up and running I have been working on it a little every night since I got it.

One last thing although I am sure LED conversion would be super reliable I just have a warm spot for the glow of the vintage bulbs.

Thanks again.
Mike.

Make that 7 post.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm jealous!...I keep saving my play money hoping to score a deal like this. This kind of luck never happens to me.:(...congrats, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom