Pioneer rack systems

That80sguy

Hi all, new here and had a couple questions on two older Pioneer rack systems I'm looking at buying. I'm looking at a rx-731 and a rx-540 and was wondering if anyone new the year these were made and if they're any good? Both are complete systems, turn table,dual cassette,cd,amfm and equalizer and speakers. I started collecting the 80s boomboxes a couple years back but I'm starting to get into the home stereos from the 80s early 90s. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and the price the guy is asking is $75 a piece. Worth it?

I would stay from anything that looked like this on the back.

IMG_0131.jpg

like beatnic said, stay away from the all-in-one stuff.

Maybe your getting "rack" and "component" stuff mixed up. Component or separates are probably what your thinking of.

"Rack" stuff is serious gear that you'll have to shell out some coin for, but its worth it. Some of the old Pioneer big balls receivers are worth a bit of money these days too, but you'd still want some component sources.

If your in the right place at the right time, $75 can get you a bit of gear, but dont bank on it

Rack Pio Spec

Bonjour

J'ai fait le Rach DIY !! :yes:
not speak english, i am french :tears:
Good Week end !

Depending on how frequently stuff can fall out around you, hold out for better and get something short term (like a decent small receiver) to enjoy. That choice will make you look back and groan at yourself.

(Ramutch.....posting beauty like that.....your a bad bad boy!)

Thanks for the replies. Both systems are intergrated like the one in the first pic. The CD player and turntables are separate. I may be able to pick up both systems for 50 a piece. Also both systems have csj821t model speakers...

Thanks for the replies. Both systems are intergrated like the one in the first pic. The CD player and turntables are separate. I may be able to pick up both systems for 50 a piece. Also both systems have csj821t model speakers...
It very much depends on what your goal is. For me, I would avoid the "all-in-one" systems like that. The most valuable parts are going to be the separate components such as speakers, CD player, and turntable. And those values will depend on which specific models they are. However, if they were all bought at once, they likely are the same "low end" quality the all-in-one unit is. Pioneer CD players are well respected and would get $20 around here. Speakers may be another $20-30 depending on model. Turntables are "hot" right now as vinyl is making a big come back, so if the TT is working and does not need service/new needle, etc., that might be the most valuable: $50? However, if it is cheaply made, most people will not consider it. Personally, I would not pay anything for the all-in-one units. If they break, they are throw-away as there is no collector value there. Thrift stores charge about $20 for them.

Hi all - I recently came across the rx 731 I’ve been running for my outdoor speakers. Sounds pretty good. Question: would this amp be worth putting new capacitors in and rebuilding the cassette deck? I know it’s not collectible but any thoughts on whether it would be high quality sound for a main room amp?

Back
Top Bottom