"Pioneer Recap Lists" Sticky suggestion!

Posted and archived recap lists for any unit that are 'blank' stock from the service manual parts lists and schematics are deceiving as it has been currently and in the past, as the Mouser or Digikey parts number are series/type specific for a newer user that blindly copies or spreadsheets the parts numbers to order the caps.

Lytics are continually changing to better and different numbers from the manufacturers, and it cheats buyers from choosing a better cap when they are locked into a discontinued or less desired lytic part number from old series specific cap lists. Seeing cap lists that mainly show part numbers for Nichicon UPW (switching power supply series) only are incorrect, when the newer UPM series would be a better choice in many cases, and most certainly deceiving when audio grade caps from Nichicon or Elna would be better in the audio paths.

Users of this cap list database still need to solely and only go thru the lytic value and voltage desired, and then decide on what brand name and series lytic is best.

Plus, there is rarely a time the rebuilder doesnt need to actually verify what lytics are currently factory (or other) installed on the boards they are recapping. They all do not match the parts list and schematics most of the time.

Last edited:
Today I added in a link to jtee1340's post with Mark's newest SX-1280 list! :banana:

I've been away for a while, let me know if I missed anything else that needs updating or adding!

BUMP. Why isn't this a sticky? Maybe t needs a write in campaign to the Mod?

Today I edited the list link for the SA-7500II amp! thanks dbayles! It has a cap list in the thread, the old one required an external link. :banana:

I left a link in the new linked post to the old post by vintage2.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been away from the forum for a couple months. Any suggested updates to the list that I need to make? :wave:

Thanks Buffdriver! Added your post with the TX-7800 into the links today! (I haven't visited this site for a while)

Also added in a link to romaxmaniax's list for the SA-6700 / SA-606!

:banana:

Last edited:
For SX-980. The two big main Caps. Which one do you recommend? I like to start that first but dont know which to match the stock caps. Thanks for help....

these are the ones I used mouser part # 661-E36D750N183TC79M

Attachments

• IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 40
Thanks, I will try to recap using your , what did you use put across from Caps? IF i want to discharge, do I put any bulb on both lead before work on it?

Back
Top Bottom