Pioneer RT 909 vs. Teac X-1000R

henter04

I'm in the process of wanting to buy either the pioneer 909 or the teac x-1000r. Big question is, which is a better unit overall? I'm watching ebay or maybe one of the members here have one for sale. thanks.

Both units are flag-ships for home decks.:)
Pioneer 909 has all the bells and whistles and Teac X-1000 R the same.
Look for a low-hours machine or serviced, there is alot of bad 909 floating around on E-bay so be careful.:rolleyes:
One person who restores 909 and sell quality is username: Gvon on E-bay.
Have sent several people looking for just 909 in nice condition and they have contacted me afterwards with very positive comments.
Of course maybe one member on A-K want to sell, many members use 909 here.;)

Good Luck with your hunting:)

Rolf, I don't really want to, but...

I have her listed for $800 CDN, They can go much higher...

We need a second car, costs me 10 bucks a day in gas in that old Chevelle... I only work 5 minutes away...

Thanks vintage tx for the input and I just checked ebay and there's plenty of the pioneers. And one of the sellers is Gvon and looks like he's an excellent seller of RTR. Still undecided at this point between teac and pioneer.

Bolly I thought the 600 was in canadian dollars;) . Who knows I might just get an Akai if I can't get a decent pioneer or teac.

You welcome, glad I was able to shine some light.:)
Check out Bollys Akai, that's the flagship.
More bells and whistles.;)

If you want Gvon's private e-mail send me a PM.

Good Luck

Henter04,

If you are interested in a TEAC 3340 (mucho cheaper than Bolly's), pm me maybe we can work out a deal ;)

Henter04 - I am not trying to interfere but that unit that Bolly has for sale is an excellent machine. I have the Akai 747 dbx, the Teac 1000R and the Akai is just as well built and performs just as well as the TEAC. I have never owned a Pioneer, so I will have to leave that one alone. IMO, you will not go wrong with the Akai, I have had mine for a very long time and from my stand point they are just bullet proof machines. Both of these units have the "EE" tape capability, the dbx noise reduction feature and are reversing machines (the Akai requires the sensing tape at both ends of the tape but that is no big deal in any manner what so ever). Good luck to you on this.

Vintage Tx thanks for the info on gvon and I will send him an email.

Hotgas I sent you an email as well. Workingslug, thanks for the input on the akai that bolly is selling. I'm pretty sure that it's an excellent top of the line unit. But right now I think I have my sight still for the pioneer or the teac. But you never can say maybe for the right price I can change my mind;) . Any other ones that you guys think i should consider? I'm still open for suggestions. Thanks.

pardon, don't mean to hijack the thread....

Bolly, that's a beautiful SS Chevelle. I had a '72 model, had it built new.
When gas was 19¢ a gallon. It was totalled in '73. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom