Pioneer SA-8500 help..

Lazarus Long

Hello. I just picked up one of these yesterday. I have included a couple pics.. See those fuses? The 5A is missing.. What is that fuse for?

So far I have tested the aux input, which seems to not be playing in stereo, and the tape input which is playing in stereo. Same source for both.. A thorough dexoit may be all it needs, but I figured I would ask the oracle(s) here about it before going any further.

Attachments

• 20190108_140012.jpg
    20190108_140012.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190108_140020.jpg
    20190108_140020.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 36
According to the service manual, the 5A fuse serves the primary side of power transformer and the 1A fuses serve the transformer secondaries. If your amp powers on with this fuse removed, likely someone has bypassed the fuse.

According to the service manual, the 5A fuse serves the primary side of power transformer and the 1A fuses serve the transformer secondaries. If your amp powers on with this fuse removed, likely someone has bypassed the fuse.

I suspected this.. I will pop the bottom off and see.. If you were going to bypass it, wouldnt it be easier just to put in a bigger fuse?

Hoping someone can shed some light on this.. I cant see any obvious signs of an amateur attempting to bypass that fuse..

Does it have a voltage selector on the rear panel?
If so the mains fuse is in the selector and the internal 5A is not used.
Tis the same with my downunder SA-7500.

I have an SA-7500 too. It's multi-voltage and the 5A fuse on the board is vacant because it is located in the voltage selector on the back panel.

Back
Top Bottom