A few days ago I picked up an SA-8500 that my neighbor left on the curb. Other than the fact that it's missing one of its feet it's in okay cosmetic shape. It does have some corrosion on the rear contacts, pre/main jumpers, etc., presumably from being stored in a damp basement or something, but hopefully I'll be able to clean it up. The guts look better than the outside, no signs of bulging caps or fried components, but when I tested it out it played fine for a few minutes then in the left channel there was a pop and then the sound cut out. If I put it in any of the mono modes it plays and sounds fine, the left channel only cuts out in stereo mode. I'm going to do a full recap but I'm wondering if I should attempt to debug/fix this issue before or after the recap. I'll try to post pics and my proposed BOM for the recap as soon as I get the chance.