Pioneer SA-9500, speaker protection circuit

notch

Hi,

I have a sa9500 that used to work, however now when the uint is turned on, the speaker relay does not click in. I have measured the DC offset at the speaker terminals, and it is <10mV. I bypassed the relay and the amplifier works as normal. However I dont want to do this on along term basis as I could easily blow my speakers should something go wrong.

Does anyone have the schematic for this model? Or a similar speaker protector circuit?

Cheers,
Nick.

Hi

Try compare against the protection circuit of the SA-9800 ...cant be that much difference betwin the SA-9500 vs. Sa-9800 ;)

C1, C2 or C3 is proberly the components, which cause this problem :scratch2:

Traced problem to power suppy - Help!

Thanks for the schematic. It helped. Looks like the problem is in the power supply. Traced the schematic from the PCB, and found that one of the pins on the ancillary Power Supply pcb should be giving ~ -30V and it is giving out -1.2. Replaced a dodjy transistor, and then the fuse went. :no:

Doing this without a schematic is getting pretty difficult, I have emailed stereomanuals.com with no response. Anyone got the power supply schematic for the 9500 ? or know where to get them?

Any help appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom