Pioneer SA-9800 fell down from waist height during shipping...

Hi I have made few pictures of the amp apart:
IMG_0293[1].JPG IMG_0293[1].JPG IMG_0294[1].JPG
Tools present: for "invasive test" Weller station WES51 and Radkosnack bulb desolder-vacuum.

I see.
I probably have to start conversation with previous contributors. Which I'm in the process now. THANKS for checking

I see.
I probably have to start conversation with previous contributors. Which I'm in the process now. THANKS for checking
You're very welcome. You don't need to start a conversation to get things rolling at first - just post in Pioneer Audio and it should get rolling along. Save your conversations (PM's)
for the posters that are most helpful in the thread.

You can also set your preferences in settings so that you get an alert and or email when a post is made in the thread. This way you can reply while it's fresh. *** You can set to get an alert with or without e-mail. The emails stack up fast which can be a PITA.

In other poster's threads click "watch thread" in top right of thread and you get alerts when anybody posts in it. If you post in somebody else's thread you are automatically "watching" it.

You can also type brand/model in search bar (in Pioneer - then check search option for thread only or forum) to find posts already made about your unit. Try searching with different options to see what works for you.

If someone makes a post you like search by member name to find other posts by them or you can start searching the Pioneer forum page by page looking for threads related to your 9800.

You can also click on a member's name on their avatar, go to their profile page and click on postings. Bottom of first page of listed postings has option to see all content posted. I know that's like homework but I find it very useful at times.

Chances are most of your questions have been answered at one time or another by someone.

I hope this helps and doesn't appear to be condescending - I don't know how savvy you are with computers or forums so I figured I'd just put some stuff out there for ya. I'm no expert here either but these are just some things I've noticed in my short time here. Happy hunting bro!

Last edited:
In order to narrow down the source of the hum/noise the pics of the signals of pre-out,power AMP out and speaker out( no input signal/min Vol) on scope may help.if the frequency of the hum /noise is 60hz then power supply/or ground might be involved,try 0db/-20db switch on face plate if the the hum/noise faded when switching to -20db then pre-amp is involved,

Back
Top Bottom