Pioneer SA-9900 Power switch replacement

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by quadmatrix82, Oct 10, 2017.

1. quadmatrix82

quadmatrix82 Active Member

Hi pioneer experts, wondering if anyone knows of a good new power switch replacement for a pioneer sa-9900? The contacts in mine are too far worn to be saved, any advice appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. quadmatrix82

Additional photo from another thread hoping that someone can recommend a suitable replacement

Attached Files:

3. quadmatrix82

No suggestions?

4. larryderouin

larryderouin You can be sure if it's Westinghouse??????? Subscriber

Have you opened it up and physically cleaned the slide components inside with an Ink Eraser, or just De-Oxit? Sometimes they need dis-assembly and physical cleaning.

SA-9900 uses the same power switch as the following units: PIONEER Part # ASG-043
    QX-747
    QX-949
    QX-949A
    SA-9900
    SA-9500
    SX-535
    SX-636

Contact Danny @ www.yesterdaysaudio.com . He deals strictly with 70's PIONEER GEAR. Keep the old switch and clean it physically. It may surprise you.

5. quadmatrix82

Thanks I’ll look out for a used switch was hoping to find a new substitute. My switch can’t be repaired the metal contacts are too far worn the pads have deteriorated too much so thinking a new substitute is the way to go.

6. LesE

LesE 110284 Subscriber

Looking at your photo, it appears that your power switch has 4 terminals so you amplifier may be a muli-voltage unit. If this is the case, I believe your part number will be ASG-070.

Les.

7. larryderouin

larryderouin You can be sure if it's Westinghouse??????? Subscriber

OK. The ASG-070 can also be found on the SX636, QX747A, and QX-949A multi voltage units. Look on the back of the 9900 for the type sticker. Should be something like KCU, D, GN, SG, etc. Also look for a Multiple voltage connector plate. Let us know. Note that the only manual I could find on a 1/2 dozen sites was the KCU (120V) only which uses the ASG-043. But the pioneer parts site gives the listed units for the switches listed.

8. LesE

LesE 110284 Subscriber

Correction: According to the service manual for the SA-9900 models D (multi-voltage) and GN (220V only), the power switch part number is ASG-077-B.

Screenshot_20171014-173209A.jpg

9. efzauner

efzauner New Member

In case you haven't found a replacement. What if you just used the switch to control low voltage/current to a relay? You could put this in the cabinet with minimal mods.

10. quadmatrix82

Hi all sorry for the delayed response it’s a multivoltage unit still yet to find a switch but will keep looking!

11. quadmatrix82

Just curious why does the switch need to be different if it’s miltivoltage or not??

12. efzauner

efzauner New Member

if this switch contact pads are worn so that they can no longer support full 120V power and current, but maybe they can still support low voltage/current switching to drive a relay that will switch 120V and full current...

13. quadmatrix82

Thanks efzauner I prefer to keep it all original but this might be a last resort