pioneer sa800 restore question.

Dman8168

So i have a pioneer sa800 here that i am in the process of restoring. It has had a bevy of problems. So far i have replaced the following. All the electrolytics have been replaced and upgraded on all the boards. The transistors on all boards have been replaced. Here is where i am lost. When aligning the unit(dc neutral voltage,detector circuit,and idle current) detector circuit and dc neutral voltage are fine. however i cannot get the idle current down where it needs to be.The best i can get is 1.8v on one side and 1.3v on the other. This causes the unit to go into protect mode. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

First off thanks for the reply. I am not a technician,but a hobbiest so am not sure to the correct vernacular. The terms I used were from the service manual. I am using a standard DMM. My skills are Intermediate,I know how to test most components,am good with a soldering iron,and can read basic schematics. Unfortunately I'm not an engineer so don't understand exactly what is actually happening. Thanks Dman8168

Dman8168;
dc neutral voltage = DC OFFSET.
idle current = BIAS.

Inductor;
Pic of instruc. from S.M.
ScreenHunter 104.jpg

Back
Top Bottom