Pioneer SE-205 headphones for $3.99

RE dutchnick

dutchnick, on my 205's you just remove the earpads from the phones (pull them straight off, should be easy...) then there are 4 philips-head screws you undo and the two halves of the cup section should come apart no trouble!

the same thing happened to mine with the drivers separating from the internals, the glue had degraded, so i simply cleaned off all the old glue, put some generic superglue all around the edge of the driver holder inside the cup, put the driver back in and re assembled it all about 5 hours ago as it happens! They're back to full working order now, just got to wait for the smell to go :/.

The only difficult part was getting them back together again, and that was only because the other side kept getting in the way.

Comfortable headphones though, with a nice vintage-y sound, worth the (minimal) maintenance effort every now and then!

Good luck!
Charlie

Replacement Ear pads for SE-205?

I know that his is an old thread but as the title says I am wondering if anyone knows of a good and inexpensive replacement for the ear pads on a pair of S-205 that i would like to refurbish? The original ones are kinda of flat.
TIA,
-frank

I know that his is an old thread but as the title says I am wondering if anyone knows of a good and inexpensive replacement for the ear pads on a pair of S-205 that i would like to refurbish? The original ones are kinda of flat.
TIA,
-frank
Did you ever find the replacement pads? I also need to replace the pads of the SE-405's

I love how these sound, I am driving them off my iPod 7th gen and a FiiO E17.

Back
Top Bottom