Pioneer SG 9500

mufinas

Hi everyone,

I'm eagerly waiting to complete my Pioneer system and have been searching for the ever-elusive SG-9500 EQ - with a wooden case - locally and on eBay.

After missing out on a really good deal ($95 + shipping) I've had some offers thrown at me but am not sure about the value.

Without the wooden sleeve, does $150 + shipping seem like a fair asking price for a supposedly 'mint' unit? Is $300 for one with a similarly mint wooden case exaggerated?

As a last resort, I was wondering whether I should reach out to fellow AKers for advice or even to put up a 'wanted' thread. Do I need to pay in order to do this?

Any advice and estimative valuation would be much appreciated.

I always assumed $100 for a nice SG-9500 is more than fair. $150 in my opinion is a bit much and now goes into the SG-9800 territory.

To place a wanted ad you must pay for a subscription.

I agree, the SG-9800 is around that cost. I got mine on a great deal, is there a reason you want the 9500 over the 9800?

If your needing either one, let me know, I have a few laying around. I only have 1 wooden case and I think its for a 9500, I never checked it to see if the 9800 would even fit in there. James

I always assumed $100 for a nice SG-9500 is more than fair. $150 in my opinion is a bit much and now goes into the SG-9800 territory.

To place a wanted ad you must pay for a subscription.

Those seem to be the going rates. You could also search for an SG-7, basically the same as the SG-9800, but in a champagne finish. I sold an extra SG-9500 I had with a scratched face for $75, then got the SG-7 for $30 and am happy with it.

I agree, the SG-9800 is around that cost. I got mine on a great deal, is there a reason you want the 9500 over the 9800?

I'm looking for the 9500 mainly because it will fit in line with the rest of the silver-face Pioneer components I have - SA 9100, CT9191, TX 8500.

Ahhh I was curious :D I think they are some amazing pieces. Good luck with the search, as it seems people have what ya need

Back
Top Bottom