Pioneer Spec 1 Volume pot needed

unionc1

Dream Collector
I traded for a Pioneer Spec 1, Spec 2 and a Sg 9500 EQ the preamp volume knob has been messed with and the knob glued on, I took it to my tech and he said he had to ruin the pot removing the shaft to save the knob, so if anyone has a volume pot (ACV-314-0) or know where I can find one or something compatible please let me know, Thanks

ouch and why did he have to remove the knob? I would have saved the pot. Or done nothing at all. Now your unit is scrap until you find a pot. A knob can be machined. a pot...well they threw out the tooling decades ago....

Thanks, I knew that, well I found a donor unit on eBay, I hope the volume pot is good, it will arrive tomorrow and I'll know better soon

Seems rather strange. Get the old pot from your tech and post some pics. (maybe he pulled it off instead of undoing the two grub screws...)

Even epoxy would come off on one of those shafts. mmm.

No, I pulled the screws out myself, the knob was glued on or something, this tech has been repairing stereos since the 70s, he has repaired many receivers and amps for me over the years, I got the Spec 1, Spec 2 and a equalizer on a trade, the guy who had them I think inherited them, had them in a closet for 15-20 years and wanted to get rid of them and traded for a Luxman receiver that I had, got another Spec 1 that needed repaired from eBay, thanks for you response

Back
Top Bottom