1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer SX-1000TW power specs?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by WickedSharp, Nov 1, 2016.

1. stevepaige

stevepaige Member

Enjoying all of the good info. My Dad had the TD model running through a pair of Realistic Nova 10s. That was a pretty good pairing. I picked up a TW model last year. It's playing through a pair of Boston HD9s. I'm also running a Technical SL-1360. I find the FM , AUX, & Phono sections well done. The audio output from all of these sections is powerful and smooth.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Go Giants

Go Giants Well-Known Member

Does this model have those wierd speaker connectors in the back?

I have my eye on one near me. God knows I don't need it, but I have a bit of a weakness...lol.

3. audiojones

audiojones Jonesin' for audio Subscriber

Yes it uses the speaker plugs but if they aren't there don't let that stop you from getting it, there are plenty of workarounds for them. I usually just tin the ends of the speaker wires with solder and lightly tap them flat with a hammer, they fit right into the sockets and hold tight. The smaller of the two slots in the speaker plug socket is the positive connection. Great receiver, go get it!

Go Giants likes this.
  4. Go Giants

Go Giants Well-Known Member

Great info on a workaround for those speaker plugs. Like I said...I have a weakness. It's a unique looking very early silver face type receiver. If everything works and I can get it for less than $100 I might grab it.

5. stevepaige

stevepaige Member

Here is another workaround. Just crimp you wires into the male lug. They slide right in.

Attached Files:

audiojones likes this.