Pioneer SX-1010 Lamps

putter

Can anyone tell me specifically how to replace the lamp for the FM indicator(not the stereo lamp) over the black FM pushbutton? Also does anyone know the specs on that lamp? There is a whole row of lamps there(AM,FM,PHONO 1,PHONO 2,MIC,etc) right above the coresponding black pushbuttons with an aluminum bracket on the back but I see no screws on the bracket and the whole front panel (faceplate) seems very difficult to remove. Thanks!

Pioneer Lamps

Anybody? Has'nt anyone here ever replaced the lamps in a SX-1010.I know in the service manual is says the lamps for the function indicators(AM light,FM light,etc) are 8v 50ma but it does'nt say what size or package they are.Again these are the lights above the black pushbuttons.I'm just trying to avoid taking the whole front panel apart and leaving it apart while I wait a week for one lamp to arrive in the mail.Thanks!

putter, I guess you haven't done an AK search for 'lamps'. You use the 'Search' menu, in the toolbar. If you had, you would have learned that AKer 'Dgwojo' is the man to see about lamps. You can access him, through the 'Members List' in the self-same toolbar. You can then go to his homepage, and browse, or you can pm (Private Message) him, through the link at the top right, just below your name. He is the man for lamps, his feedback is flawless, and service is first-rate.

I see you haven't been here long. Welcome to AK. Working on an SX-1010, you'll fit right in. I note that you had your receiver apart, at least once, to change the PS caps. While it was open, did you de-oxit the controls? You'll want to do that, when you open it up, again, to change the lamps.

Here some Pioneer Lights at work :D
im0034013lz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom