Pioneer SX-1050 DC Offset

Duke

Hello,

Does anyone have the user/service information to check the DC offset and adjust it for a Pioneer SX-1050?

In advance, "thanks".

:scratch2: :scratch2:

Not sure about adjusting it, but check the sticky at the top of the Vintage Solid State forum for everything you could possibly need to know about checking offset...

Reply to Nick

Nick,

"Thanks" for the suggestion, read the posts several times - it discusses the benefits of checking the DC offset/bias, but each unit has it's own DC Offset/Bias settings, and trimmer switches to adjust them.

So, I am hoping to get the Pioneer SX 1050 settings and schematic . ..

Offset is ideally 0 for any DC coupled unit.
So if you measure anything less than 50mv, you are ok according to sticky.
How far off are your measurements?

Bias is where you can get into trouble without specs.

Last edited:
Just rec'd the SX-1050 yesterday, and after spending 5 hours getting cleaned up, it looks very, very nice . . .

I checked the DC Offset voltage on this virgin 1050, and to my amazment, both channels came in less than 2.0 Volts.

So, I guess I will not be making any changes to the DC offset.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Duke said:
I checked the DC Offset voltage on this virgin 1050, and to my amazment, both channels came in less than 2.0 Volts.

So, I guess I will not be making any changes to the DC offset.

Well below 2 volts at least assure that you don`t heat up your listening room too much by the offset current flowing trough your speakers :thmbsp: How many milimeters does the bass come out when the amp is switched on?? :D

Agger

Relative to your comment:

"How many milimeters does the bass come out when the amp is switched on?? "

Sorry, not sure how to test this one . . . :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom