Pioneer SX-1250 Broken Bass Knob

joe_tex

I have a SX-1250 that has a bass control knob completely broken off. I found a schematic parts manual on the internet and this knob belongs to what is called a Tone Amplifier Assembly. The little plastic half-circle pin that fits into the back of the knob is sheared off. How can this be repaired? Do I need an entire Tone Assembly? Will the parts from a SX-1050 be compatible with the SX-1250? The Tone Assembly (with knobs/connector pins) is apparently pretty difficult to find. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• SX-1250_Tone_Amplifier_Assembly.PNG
    SX-1250_Tone_Amplifier_Assembly.PNG
    509.8 KB · Views: 36
It's not clear what's broken, is the metal shaft (it IS metal, pot metal - kind of brittle) intact?
It sticks out about a half of an inch from the front panel. Is it a knob insert that is brroken?
A knob is far easier to replace.

well, there are two bass control pots.
50Hz ACV-165
100Hz ACV-166
Both are used in the sx-1050, sx-1250, sx-1280, sx-1980
ebay sellers know this and charge about 45 bucks the last I remember.

The knob is AAB-100, and is used in many x50 series units. Pioneer parts database has dropped it so it is no longer easy to tell which models without checking service manuals individually.

Last edited:
The metal shaft is broken off at the end of the pot. I have the knob and the broken piece of the shaft. Would gorilla glue work in trying to reconnect the broken piece of shaft to the pot? Right now, I am kind of screwed and really angry (an understatement). I gave this receiver to my daughter. She moved this past week and it seems that one of the moving guys grabbed the receiver in such a way that his hands were on the front. Several toggle switches were partly bent and this knob was bent way over so that it could barely turn. I gently tried to move the shaft and it immediately broke off. I am getting really PO'ed just writing this. I need to calm down. Here is a link of part names and numbers.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1095909/Pioneer-Sx-1250.html?page=41#manual

Last edited:
Here is some more info. I will post here if I find a good remedy for my problem.

Attachments

• SX-1250_Baase_Treble_Part_Picture.PNG
    SX-1250_Baase_Treble_Part_Picture.PNG
    394 KB · Views: 34
  • SX-1250_Control_Amplifier_Assembly.PNG
    SX-1250_Control_Amplifier_Assembly.PNG
    256.7 KB · Views: 30
I have a SX-1250 that has a bass control knob completely broken off. I found a schematic parts manual on the internet and this knob belongs to what is called a Tone Amplifier Assembly. The little plastic half-circle pin that fits into the back of the knob is sheared off. How can this be repaired? Do I need an entire Tone Assembly? Will the parts from a SX-1050 be compatible with the SX-1250? The Tone Assembly (with knobs/connector pins) is apparently pretty difficult to find. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
As Mark said....Which Bass switch is broken? I have some parts from a SX-1050.

I believe it is the 100 Hz knob (part ACV-166). I will need to drive back over to her place to make absolutely certain. I should have taken a photo to post here. I will need either the complete knob assembly that connects to the circuit board or the entire control amplifier assembly. I will get back once I have confirmed the exact knob.

Hi, I too am in need of the 100 Hz Bass pot for my SX-1050 as the shaft has broken off. Any suggestions? I was considering trying to repair the existing one by drilling a small hole down the shaft to attach a "new" shaft made from a small nail. Has anyone tried something like this?

I believe it is the 100 Hz knob (part ACV-166). I will need to drive back over to her place to make absolutely certain. I should have taken a photo to post here. I will need either the complete knob assembly that connects to the circuit board or the entire control amplifier assembly. I will get back once I have confirmed the exact knob.
Will check tonight on the 100Hz Bass control

I am still searching for this particular part without buying a complete receiver, either 1050 or 1250. It is looking pretty bleak out there.

joe-tex --- I may be able to come to the rescue, let me check tonight. See if you can get a good list of what you need.
I believe I have the assembly on an SX1050 and SX1250 the 1050 one has the 50HZ bent shaft. All others are good.
SX 1250 is complete.
----------------
Tom --- I may have an extra also.
----------------
I'll be home in a few hours, so patients please.

John M

Back
Top Bottom