Pioneer SX 1250 Faceplate Glass

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Ultimatt, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ultimatt

Ultimatt AK Subscriber Subscriber

I posted a request in bartertown to see if anyone has a used piece they want to sell.

If I can't scare up a used piece there is a custom glass shop here in town that I feel sure could make one. If anyone had one made in the past do you remember what kind of glass best approximated the original?

Thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. john stumpf

john stumpf AK Subscriber Subscriber

i just did for a 939. its 3mm thick but 1/8'' should be okay its a real pita to drill the hole's without a drill press but i managed to pull it off. its ordinary glass like you find in picture frame.

3. Ultimatt

At least it does not have logos and other things printed on it like my Sansui 9090 does...

4. Ultimatt

I'm also open to a complete faceplate since mine has a nasty nick in it...

5. Ultimatt

There is a guy selling replacement glass precut and ready to go for $40 with shipping. May just do that and save myself some hassle. Thanks.

kydog likes this.
  6. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

I believe that the seller is an AK member. I got an SX-1250 glass from him. No troubles.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. miklemke

miklemke AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had a piece cut at the local ACE hardware store. Used double strength glass. Drilled the hole with a special bit I bought at Harbor Freight. I do have a drill press, so that made it easier. Total cost including the bit was under $10.