Pioneer Sx 1250 Replacement Fuses

Hey all,

This is one of my first few posts, and I wanted to know if any of you could help me find a place to buy fuses for the aforementioned receiver. The new to me Pioneer is something I'd picked up about a month ago for $50! It was advertised as producing no audio, but when i brought it home to test it, I got sound from the right channel, and a little from the left. The sound from the left was spotty, and I thought the contacts would have just needed cleaning. When I was fiddling with the speaker wires, I accidently crossed the connections and lost all audio on the left side, after a large pop from my speakers of course. My speakers are fine, however i worry that I may have damaged the receiver.

I figured the Pioneer must have some kind of protection against this, so i wanted to at least change the fuses and treat it with DeOxit before taking it in for a repair. If anyone can give me advice on what to do for the receiver, as well as where i can buy the 6 fuses for the receiver, that would be amazing. Thanks!
20170423_175759.png 20170423_175812.png

Fuses are probably 125volt, but you can just use the more modern 250volt, just be sure you match the amps and fast blow types. I don't remember any slow blows in the 1250.

Home Depot or Lowes should have the fuses you need in 250V which is fine. NO SLO BLO's. NEVER USE Automotive fuses in Audio gear. They are usually rated for 32V. You need at least 125v but 250v is a good alternative. Take an old one with you and match up the length, then get what you need in each size (amps). Usually packs of 4 or 5. If after you install the new fuses one blows, DO NOT put another one in. NOTE the one blown on paper, and explain in writing what you have done to remedy the problem as you understand it for the tech. Some read it and they get a headstart, some just log it as needless B.S. and toss it. The good ones read it and start with that. Each time you power up with a short, you risk blowing more components in the circuit, eventually you'll blow a whole board or worse.

Visually inspecting fuses is not recommended as you can miss a blown element if the separation is up inside the end. Use a METER set to ohms and check each one. Note any blown fuses on paper for fuse size and location (F1 thru F6,etc.)

Back
Top Bottom