Pioneer sx-1250

m1.5tman

Hi, I am seriously thinking of selling my Carver gear (c-1 preamp;m1.5t power amp;tx-11a tuner) and purchasing a sx-1250 to replace it. I have been totally mesmerized by the build quality of Pioneer's vintage receiver's. Would this move be totally stupid? Be nice.

Thanks for the input!

Keep your gear and shop around 'til you find a big Pioneer. Try it out (with good speakers) and if you don't like it you can always sell. This is an excuse for more gear!

I can't convince my wife of anything. She can't stand it when I talk about audio or music. I just don't understand women!!

Carver stuff looks cool, but I was never impressed in the least by the way it plays. Sad, real sad.

The SX 1250 is a whole different beast. A Real Stereo.

mobydud said:
Carver stuff looks cool, but I was never impressed in the least by the way it plays. Sad, real sad.

The SX 1250 is a whole different beast. A Real Stereo.

My tx-11a doesn't sound much different than my brother's tx-6800 (if at all). As a matter of fact, even with weaker signals, the tx-6800 seems to have better stereo separation plus a warmer sound overall.

m1.5tman said:
My tx-11a doesn't sound much different than my brother's tx-6800 (if at all). As a matter of fact, even with weaker signals, the tx-6800 seems to have better stereo separation plus a warmer sound overall.

Oh my! Don't let any of the Carver owners see this. :no: :naughty:
You can pick up a TX-6800 on eBay for $20 or $30 bucks. :yes:

Retro

:no: I can't believe you can compare Carver's $700.00 tuner to Pioneer's $200.00 tuner. :no: What is wrong with you man. :bash: I ought to go to your place and and let you have it. A handshake that is.

If the TX-6800 sounds that good to you, don't spend the extra money on the more expensive Carver. $20 to $30 bucks is much easier on the wallet.

Sx-1250

m1.5tman said:
I can't convince my wife of anything. She can't stand it when I talk about audio or music. I just don't understand women!!
My AK Friend. I have 3 (thats Three) SX-1250's undergoing alignment, clean-up, switches, dials, tuning, and audio improvements with "Blackgate Caps". 2 of the 3 will be available for private sale first to my Ak buddies. I will be keeping one for myself. I estimate the selling price in the $450 range plus shipping. A reasonable price considering I am getting the units put into to top shelf order.

These units won't win any beauty contest per se, non are "minty", but then show me any audio gear that is a "Classic", 160 wpc, 30 years old and can still sound better than much of the gear out there today!

PM me if you have any interest.

Tripqzon said:
:no: I can't believe you can compare Carver's $700.00 tuner to Pioneer's $200.00 tuner. :no: What is wrong with you man. :bash: I ought to go to your place and and let you have it. A handshake that is.

If the TX-6800 sounds that good to you, don't spend the extra money on the more expensive Carver. $20 to $30 bucks is much easier on the wallet.

Hey, It's my brotha from the same motha!! :twak: We both know vintage Pioneer is da bomb and I've got you to thank for tuning me in to the truth :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom