Pioneer SX-20 Stereo Reciever Any Good?

HypnoToad

Ms Puss Puss
Subscriber
I want to get a new cheap stereo receiver to use in another system, 50wpc + with acceptable sound quality, at this stage I am tired of picking up vintage gear as people here want a fortune and I often end up with problems down the track.

I can pick this up new here in Australia cheaply, most other ones go for a lot more. Not too worried about the quality of the FM/AM part and it has 3 inputs for my phono stage, CD player and TV sound.

Anyone used one or heard one?

http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu/def/products/SX-20

I haven't heard it, but I went to the Pioneer website by the link you gave us and took a look.
I like the fact that it is 4 ohm capable, has a phono input, and it seems like a decent basic receiver. You could get a Bluetooth receiver for one of the inputs and expand it to internet capabilities.

The only negative is it is rated for 100 watts/channel from 20-20k at one percent distortion. Most receivers I see are usually rated at .2 or lower. (2 tenths of one percent). Technically anything over one percent is distortion that you can hear, so this is right at the line.

Can you get it with a return option so you can try it out and see if it sounds good to you?

Oppps, I see you originally posted this in April, sorry about the lateness. How did you do?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom