Pioneer SX-3700 help

Will Dotin

hello!!

I have a pioneer sx-3700 and absolutely love it. There is just one problem. Sometimes the left channel of audio cuts out. Whenever I flick the tape monitor switches it comes back. It just happens at random intervals. Anyone know what's up??

Welcome to AK - those are nice receivers.
Likely one of two things - either the switch is dirty in which case you should do a search for the thread that discussing using Caig DeOxit to clean it or there is a cracked solder joint that needs some gentle resoldering.
Good luck.

Thanks for the help. I'll try that when I'm off work. I also have another question. Whenever I switch to AM, the tuning display changes but I get no sound. Is that something that can be fixed or should I buy a seperate tuner

Everything can be fixed - but tuners are tricky things.
I'm sure the concencus here would be don't listen to AM.

Could I hook up an exterior tuner to this amp with the AM FM buttons? Or would that be too much trouble for what it's worth

Last edited:
Not easily through the tuner buttons - use the AUX or one of the two tape loop inputs.

Beware of the switches on that receiver. The button on the front lead to the back of the unit by way of a long linkage. Taking the top off and cleaning the switches in place with Deoxit is fine, but once you take the faceplate off, getting the linkage bars back in place is sheer hell. BTW, I would suggest following the Deoxit treatment with a dose of Deoxit Shield helps to keep the problem from coming back.

I had some of the same problems with a sx3600 and using Deoxit and turning the knobs about 1,000 times all the way in each direction helped.

if you don't have deoxit just really work all your knobs and switches back and forth a hundred times. that always works on my old pioneer receivers I have 4 of them...........

For some reason working the switches, especially the aux switch, just doesn't seem to work very well with the 3XXX series.

I'll give that a try. I also just bought another amp for parts and I've been wanting to fix it up. The "wood" ok the unit is a bit chipped in an area. Is there a certain stain I can use to help it look a little less out of place?

Back
Top Bottom