1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer SX 636 "muddiness" moved from right to left speaker???

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by pdxtim, Jun 15, 2017.

1. pdxtim

pdxtim New Member

A flea market SX 636 initially had lower volume and clarity from right channel which persisted despite 4-5 DeOxit treatments to pots and switches. I was playing it tonight, and after switching speakers to be sure that the right side was still deficient, I noticed that now the left speaker sound is not up to par, the right side sounds great. I had also worked the knobs a few times while experimenting with different speakers. Anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. markthefixer

markthefixer On Hiatus, dealing with Dad's estate full time Subscriber

power amps can have 2sa726 and DO have 2sc1451 transistors in them, control amps have 2sa726.
    These sound bad before they crap out completely and damage things.
    And they ARE intermittent in their misbehavior before the final zappp.

Quite frankly they also have the problematic sky blue sanyo "capsistors" - capacitors short out gradually - guaranteed.

once these caps and transistors (and a few others to bring it ALL up to the same level) are resolved,
    they are like the energizer bunny, they just keep going and going...
    and singing quite sweetly. You will be impressed, should you do this (with our help of course)

3. pdxtim

pdxtim New Member

Thanks Mark. So where should I start with the "renovation"?

4. markthefixer

markthefixer On Hiatus, dealing with Dad's estate full time Subscriber

5. pdxtim

pdxtim New Member

Thanks again Mark!