Pioneer SX-650 Popping Rushing Sound Right Channel

I think I have the problem, one of the SP-40W's are testing bad, this is on the right side of the board looking from the foil side near pins 1,2,and 3.

Pin 1. 36vdc
Pin 2. 1.2vdc
Pin 3. the meter is all over the place in mV
Pin 4. the meter is all over the place in mV
Pin 5. -36vdc
Pin 6. -1.2vdc
Pin 7. the meter is all over the place in mV

The other side is reading normally.

Last edited:
if not too hard, swap the modules and see if the problem follows the module. I feel this is safe because you have +/- 1.2v at the appropriate places.

If I switch them around wouldn't I get the same problem again, relay clicking on and off? I'm not trying to produce sound yet, I just want to get the damn protection circuit working properly.

Or do you mean switch them to see if I get the weird readings on the other side?

If I switch them around wouldn't I get the same problem again, relay clicking on and off? I'm not trying to produce sound yet, I just want to get the damn protection circuit working properly.

Or do you mean switch them to see if I get the weird readings on the other side?

If it makes any difference I suspect that you are getting closer to the fix here. Working with Mark is a process of elimination and he always gets you there in the end. Just keep doing what he says and don't give up. I know this from experience. I have wanted to give up too but you will get there.
Rob

YES, see if the weird readings move. That will either implicate or exonerate the module.

Don't wanna dig up an almost unobtanium module, and find out it's NOT the problem - unlikely but possible.

I now because of time crunch will not be posting until the end of the week, just so you know. Unhappily a NECESSARY interruption.

OK Mark you've never steered me wrong before, I will make the switch tonight and report back, hopefully everything goes good for you.

OK Mark you've never steered me wrong before, I will make the switch tonight and report back, hopefully everything goes good for you.
How did it turn out? I have one here. Static in rt channel. Unaffected by anything. I think im in way over my head if mark couldnt coach a guy with that much skill to a resolve.

How did it turn out? I have one here. Static in rt channel. Unaffected by anything. I think im in way over my head if mark couldnt coach a guy with that much skill to a resolve.
Old thread but I currently have one as well. Left channel static, and sometimes violent pops.

Back
Top Bottom