Pioneer SX 7 RECEIVER

csmith

AK Member
I have been searching for specs on this receiver and cannt find any. Does anyone in here know the wattage output rating on these??
I picked one up yesterday at a local thrift,CHEAP! Everything works. Couple broken speaker clips but for the price I couldn't let it sit.

The SX-7 is rated at 60 wpc. I have an SX-6 and alot of other components from this series. They hold up well, and sound good (NSA stuff!). Your receiver cost someone over $500.00 when new!

What thrift stores do you find stereo components in? Where do you look? I check local SA but never see anything worth having. Are there others?

I hate it when my audio equipment catches fire!
I try to check the SA here about once a week. Not much there in months. A bunch of junk mostly. I think they have e-pay friends that they tip off about the good stuff anymore that get it all before anybody else has a chance to see it. I used to pick up stuff from there all the time.

Goodwill Etc.

Here in the Pittsburgh area the unwritten story is that someone negotiated first dibs on any vintage electronics that come into any of the stores. I find that hard to believe as an official agreement (how would it get past the board of a non-profit?) but it can definitely be true informally. So we rarely (read never) see vintage stuff in the stores. Whoever struck the deal must be doing well, because this area is saturated with vintage electronics, based on teh estate sales and CL ads.

To clarify my statement earlier: if I were in the Goodwill board I would prefer having multiple parties bid for the vintage stuff to maximize yield. There would also need to be some process for identifying rare and valuable stuff, but I have as of yet not detected any sign that there is a mechanism for that. Maybe I should go on an undercover mission and get a temp job at Goodwill to find out what really goes on?

Back
Top Bottom