Pioneer sx-727 no sound

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by Aiden T, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Aiden T

Aiden T New Member

I recently found this receiver at a local thrift store a nice find. When I plugged it in there is no sound from either channels. So I started digging in. I checked the fuses and they are all fine but I replaced them with new ones anyways. I figured next it may have been a power supply issue but I after running test on the board there are no issues I could spot. I'm not sure where I should go to next. Any help whould be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. gbroot

gbroot Super Member

Welcome to AK!

Did you check to see if the jumpers were in place on the back panel? pretty obvious question but worth asking. Next would be if the protection relay kicks in. There's quite a bit here on AK on the727's. Take some time and search out some other threads on it. More than likely you'll stumble on one that will put you on the right track for troubleshooting and the road to recovery!

3. Aiden T

Aiden T New Member

Gbroot

Thanks for your help I was able to figure out the problem I found a few bad capacitors replaced them and it's runing great. One more question I have and it might me silly is why do you need the jumpers in the back? I have a few stereos that's also have pre outs and main in but don't require a jumper. Just curious.

Thanks

4. larryderouin

larryderouin You can be sure if it's Westinghouse??????? Subscriber

Apparently the rigs you have may have a switch with "DIRECT" & "Dis-Connected" that internally connects the pre-out and main in jacks, hence no jumper. Sansui was big on that. PIONEER used "U" shaped jumpers to connect the pre-out and main in jacks almost exclusively. People sometimes remove them to use the unit as a preamp to an amp or as an amp from a separate preamp, then when selling it forget to put the jumpers back in.