pioneer sx-737 repair

nutkasse

hi all, I was given a sx-737,akai gxc-46 & a pair of energy speakers when my friend was moving. I tried it out & it sounded good but only on 1 channel, the other channel was cutting in & out. now I need to rebuilt this. where & who can rebuild this? I can do a little bit of soldering but ...........:wtf:
thks for the advise!!! :beerchug:

now I need to rebuilt this

Hi, don't jump too far ahead yet, l would start by cleaning and lubricating the pots and switches, there are many threads on here relating to this, here is just one, please ignore the thread title.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-idiots-guide-to-using-deoxit-revisited.207005/

If this doesn't help then check your protection relay contacts next. You will find a service manual at hifi engine. BTW, the SX-737 is a nice receiver. All the best with it.

Hi, don't jump too far ahead yet, l would start by cleaning and lubricating the pots and switches, there are many threads on here relating to this, here is just one, please ignore the thread title.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-idiots-guide-to-using-deoxit-revisited.207005/

If this doesn't help then check your protection relay contacts next. You will find a service manual at hifi engine. BTW, the SX-737 is a nice receiver. All the best with it.

thks for the advice, will try that first!!! :banana:receiver hardly use as far as I was told!!:dunno:

Last edited:
deoxit is NOT a cleaner, although some formulations available have cleaner in them, the surface is cleaned of anything that would prevent the deoxit from coming in contact with the corrosion. D5 deoxit is 5% deoxit and 95% cleaner. They have different cleaners and propellants available depending upon plastic's sensitivity and environmental sensibilities.

deoxit chemically alters the corrosion, weakening the bonds between the corrosion (sulphates from atmospheric pollution) and good uncorroded metal, so that the repeated actuation of the pot or switch scrubs away the corrosion.

Contact CLEANER will just leave you with clean corrosion and impaired contacts.

After any cleaning, the original lubricant is washed out of the pot or switch, leaving dry, hi friction surfaces that will wear down fairly quickly. Use either DeOxit brand FADERLUBE(F5) or CRC 226 Electronics lubricant. Both work well to lubricate the electrical contact points and the other wear points in switches and pots.

Regular exercise of all pots, and switches is recommended. As Mark said a few times in the past (I'm paraphrasing here. I added the Bold to Marks quote )" If it goes in/out, up/down, or Round and round, it needs to be cleaned"(or words to that effect!) and lubricated. I would add semi annually exercising them briskly to scrub the crud some. 20-30 cycles each should be sufficient. If that doesn't work, then escalate the solution (DeOxit D-5 or D-100 in the dropper tube), then DeOxit Faderlube (F-5). You can go so far as to use DeOxit Gold (G-5) which has a protectant vs a lubricant as the primary chemical. But the GOLD isn't required unless you have gold contacts. And it starts getting expensive at that point.

Back
Top Bottom