1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer SX-737 won't power up

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by John737, Jun 11, 2018.

1. John737

John737 New Member

I recently purchased on eBay a Pioneer SX-737. Supposedly has been reconditioned. Looks good and worked great. Turned it on today and it's dead. The red stereo light comes on but no other lights come on and no noise from relays, no sound from speakers. I unplugged it and waited 10 minutes, turned it back on and got the same thing. After sitting turned on for several minutes all functions returned. Powered down and back on same thing, only the red stereo light is on. Anyone have suggestions on what to look for. Hoping for a simple fix, thanks in advance.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

welcome to AK .
    first check/test all fuses and report back

3. John737

John737 New Member

Well there must be a poor connection somewhere. Once I moved the unit everything began working again. I tried to make it shut back down my moving it around but it stays on. If it happens again I will have to study the wiring diagram and figure out where the open is.

4. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

fuse holders become corroded sometimes .

5. NAD80

NAD80 Super Member

Ray Gianelli and John737 like this.