Pioneer SX-770 blackface

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Alguymcgee, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Alguymcgee

Alguymcgee New Member

Hey gang, I just picked up an SX-770 blackface for $100 at a local shop, complete with the manual. This thing spent it's whole life under a dust cover and it definitely shows (pics to follow when I get a chance to pop the hood.) a quick demo shows that everything appears to be in proper working order but I haven't had a chance to give it a proper test drive. I can tell a few of the bulbs are burnt out behind the tuner display, but other than that, It seems fine. My question is, are there any common problems or pitfalls I should know about with this model? Is this a keeper, or should I flip it and get a higher end pioneer? (in partial to pioneer) thoughts?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Alguymcgee

Alguymcgee New Member

As promises, here are the pics

0403181412.jpg 0403181412.jpg 0403181412a.jpg 0403181415.jpg 0403181415a.jpg 0403181415b.jpg 0403181415c.jpg 0403181420.jpg

3. bandg69

bandg69 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I don't think I would be getting rid of that any time soon. It looks beautiful, very clean and includes 2 sets of speaker plugs that are worth half of what you paid for it.
    And if it sounds as nice as my 440 did it is definitely a keeper. Enjoy.

4. cleverdick

cleverdick Active Member

The one large cap implies single-rail, which means that your speakers will be fed via (and fully dependent on the integrity of) another electrolytic capacitor.

Split-rail is a much better way of working, so - in the fullness of time - if you see (and hear) something you like more, don't feel bad about trading this one.