Pioneer SX-770 right channel

technics11

Hi everyone, I recently acquired a clean SX-770. Everything worked normally for the first few days but the previous owner did say that sometimes you had to jiggle the stereo/mono button to get both channels working. Yesterday the right channel stopped working completely regardless of fiddling with the mono button. I switched speaker plugs to confirm it's not a speaker or speaker wiring issue. And this happens on all input selections.

Does anyone have an avenue I can try? I sprayed deoxit down where the mono button is last night to no avail. Right now I have the bottom plate off, sprayed the mono button again while pushing it in/out a bunch and I also just sprayed in the balance POT and rotated it a bunch while spraying.

Update again - it looks like one of the fuses on the amp board is out, is this the issue for the right channel not working? It is the one of the left if you're looking at the back of the unit. If so does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Their a 2A fuse (2 amp).
You could replace it. Then plug it in to a dim bulb tester (DBT) using a 75 watt bulb and power it up. If the bulb dims you should be good to try it on house power.

So I swapped the left and the right fuses (right fuse was in tact) and now the right channel works and the left is out so that absolutely confirms it was the fuse right?. Oddly though I had to switch it to Mono mode to get sound. I just ordered some new 2a fast blow fuses.

Back
Top Bottom